Cheap Car Rental Riga Airport
The Baltics biggest city and Latvia’s capital. Riga’s center has won its UNESCO World Heritage Site designation. The old town has many bars and restaurants and a vibrant nightlife. There are enough sites to visit here and a good way to move around is by renting a cheap car.Riga International Airport, the grandest airport in the Baltic
Riga International Airport is the largest airport in the Baltic States. Located in Latvia, this airport is directly connected to over thirty countries and is a launch off base for over eighty countries. The joint stock government owned company is the hub of some four airlines.
Facilities at the airport
There are a number of facilities at the airport including;
Ground Transport at Riga International Airport
- ATM machines
- Information desks
- Duty free stores
Places to visit in Riga
- Taxi: The airport has three taxi services that operate within the airport;
- Parking facilities: The airport has three parking slots with a space that can hold some 1500 cars. The time fixed for the parking time is both on a short term and long term basis- typically the first thirty minutes of parking are usually free;
- Bus service: There is a bus service here that runs between Riga city centre and the airport. There is also a bus shuttle service that operates between the Riga Airport and the Reval Hotel Lativia. This shuttle service is operated by Air Baltic. And still on buses, there is an International connection from the airport to the cities in Lithuania, Estonia, Poland and Russia.
- Car hire services: There are a number of car rental facilities that have vendors within the terminals of these hotels. There are both independent players as well as International Car hire brands that have pitched tent here. Typically these car hire firms will levy a service charge that incorporates a sales tax, the cost of purchasing an insurance package, and some fuel charge. All these car rental facilities have an online booking option available to the client.
Whether you are in Riga for a few hours or intend to stay a bit longer, there are one or two attractions within the city that you could visit, these are listed below:
What hotels are around the airport?
- Museums, Aquariums, Zoos: There are a total of eighteen museums in Riga. Apart from the usual art, and craft museum, most of the museums her e capture war history – the world wars, the Jewish pogroms in Europe, and that sort of thing. There is a zoo, and an aquarium with a rich display of marine life.
- Religious sites: There are basically five religious sites in the Riga region- the St. Peter’s Church and the St. Mary’s Dome Cathedral are the most grand. The attraction with these religious sites is not only the fact that they are sacrosanct, but also because of the grand architecture.
- The Vermanese Park: This is the sole park in the city of Riga, and it is aptly termed as the Green Space in the City. It is a park that you do well to visit.
There are a number of possible hotels that you can put up in: the old Riga palace, the Old City Boutique Hotel, and the Neiburs hotel are but some of the hotels within the city of Riga. These three hotels have been mentioned on account of the fact that they are the hotels that travelers are raving about. Whether you are passing through Riga or putting down roots here for awhile try and enjoy your stay in this metropolis.
Useful Information Riga
Near Riga Airport
Rent a car companies in Riga Airport
Green Motion Riga Airport
Della Car Rental Riga Airport